Now Playing Tracks

eatsflorida:

Florida General Store Heritage Site: P.P. Cobb in Fort Pierce

The P.P. COBB Building was a trading post built by Captain Benjamin Hogg in 1882.  It was purchased by Peter P. Cobb in 1896, and then purchased by the Adams Ranch in 1998.  It is the oldest commercial establishment in St. Lucie County. It is located near the City Marina & by the City Marina traffic circle at Downtown Fort Pierce Historic District.

As the first store in Fort Pierce, it was used for trading between local Indian tribes, local planters, and sailing trading schooners out of Saint Augustine and Jacksonville, Florida.

We make Tumblr themes